Here is what Archbishop Hon has said about the allegations of sexual molestation against Archbishop Apuron so far:
- Hon asked the people to pray for Apuron. “He finds himself in a kind of difficulty,” he said.
- Apuron was mentioned during the gathering, but the sexual abuse allegations against him were not.
- Archbishop Hon acknowledged there may be those suffering as a result of the accusations and asks the church to approach the issues in a climate of serenity and pray for unity.
- "I myself, I do not have the gift," said Hon in his homily. "I cannot see through your heart, you are the guilty one or you, you are not. So that's why we come to pray, so that a better solution can be found. A better decision can be made in a climate of serenity.
- "I understand there are different accusations. I understand that there are people who felt being hurt from their early childhood."