The letter (RESPONSE) begins:
NOTE: I will be helping Tricky Dick with his sentence construction and punctuation as we go through this. :)
Let us proceed.
- Fr. Jeffrey C. San Nicolas, Chair
- Fr. Romeo D. Convocar
- Fr. Julio Cesar Sanchez
- Fr. Patrick Castro, OFM Cap.
- Fr. Thomas McGrath, S.J.
Let's analyze each one for suspected "lack of knowledge...fierce bias and prejudice":
- Fr. Jeff was one of the first pastors to accept the NCW into his parish and has defended the NCW and RMS to a fault. He also has an advanced degree in education.
- Fr. Romeo is rector of the JP2 seminary and was selected personally by Apuron to head up JP2 because Apuron said he had experience in forming priests.
- Fr. Julio is Vice-Rector of RMS, and - per a note on page 3 of the Committee Report - was said not to have participated in the writing of the report. Perhaps this is a nice way of saying he was not cooperative. However, as Vice-Rector, Julio was in the unique position of having been able to provide documentation to refute any of the concerns in the Committee Report prior to its being written. And the fact that the Committee opined as it did is clear evidence that Julio did not and could not provide contrary documentation.
- Fr. Pat Castro is currently the Capuchin Custos (religious superior) and knows a thing or two about the formation of priests.
- Fr. Tom is perhaps one of the Guam's most respected and scholarly clerics. And even if he had a personal bias, Fr. Tom would probably not even think of compromising his credentials (or his soul) by making stuff up just to stick it to the neocats.
On the whole, if we just take Fr. Tom McGrath’s presence on the Committee, the very idea of Tricky Dick’s characterization of it as “lacking knowledge” and prone to a “fierce bias and prejudice” is both laughable and grossly offensive.
The next thing which stands out is the absolute absence of any documentation attached to the RESPONSE to support Tricky Dick’s points. By contrast, the ad hoc Committee attached more than 150 pages of supporting documentation to its Report. Why didn’t Tricky Dick attach any documentation? We shall soon see!
Continued on Part 2
RESPONSE OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS TO THE VISITATION REPORT OF THE REDEMPTORIS MATER SEMINARY OF GUAM (RMS) LINK
Visitation ad hoc Committee Report, September 12, 2016, Archdiocesan Missionary Seminary Redemptoris Mater, Archdiocese of Agana, Guam LINK