Monday, February 10, 2014

ESPERANSA NEWS: 2013 ABORTION REPORT. READ IT AND WEEP.

From The Esperansa Project
February 10, 2014
Dear Friends of the Born and Unborn:

Following are some key facts extracted from the official 2013 Abortion Report procured from Guam Memorial Hospital Medical Records Department. Click here to see the official report. Click here to see the press release for the media.



213 abortions were reported in 2013, down 29% from 275 abortions reported in 2012. The abortion numbers have been falling nationwide reaching their lowest number in 2011 since the 1970's. (Wall Street Journal, Feb 2, 2014)

BREAKDOWN

ETHNICITY: While the total number of abortions are down, the percentage of abortions for Chamorro women are up 5% as a percentage of the total, from 64% in 2012 to 69% of all abortions in 2013.

  
AGE: Adult women, age 18 and older accounted for 97% of abortions, while teen girls younger than 18 accounted for 3%.


MARITAL STATUS: 73% of women procuring abortion identified themselves as single, and 27% as married.


ABORTION METHOD: Of the 213 abortions reported, 147 were performed by Vacuum & Dilation & Curettage, 40 by Aspiration, 19 by Dilation & Extraction, 3 by Saline Solution, 2 by Dilation & Extraction & Vacuum, 1 by Methotrexate, and 1 by RU 486.

NOTE: We find the number of abortions by Dilation & Extraction to be high. This is a method used for late term abortions when the baby is too large to be extracted via vacuum and must be extracted in pieces. The method has been proven to be painful to the baby since it normally occurs after 20 weeks when the baby can feel pain. Many states are beginning to ban this method. A medical illustration follows:



PLACE OF RESIDENCE: The village of Tamuning topped the "by Village" column with 47 abortions, followed by Dededo with 39, and Yigo with 30.


See more at www.esperansa.org 
*****
Let me tell you, at the rate Guam Memorial Hospital is aborting children, between 400-600 a year, and most of them are not even reported. Where are the lives that we are going to protect and preserve? Here we go talking about indigenous rights and self-determination. What good is all that if we don't have our followers to follow and enjoy the fruits of our labor, of this generation's labor, of your labor and my labor to fix this island and have autonomous rights to govern our people? - Senator Elizabeth Arriola, quoted in: Asian/Pacific Islander American Women: A Historical Anthology, pg. 372, edited by Shirley Hume, Gail M. Nomura
*****
Senators' Email Addresses

FACT
In 2013, 1 out of every 12 pregnancies on Guam ends in abortion. 
In 2013, there is 1 abortion every 1.7 days.

5 comments:

  1. We are so busy reading, posting about Bishop and NCW......meanwhile...every 1.7 days another abortion. The real atrocity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can assure you that I and others - usually the ones most criticized by the neo-defenders - are even more busy doing something about abortion, and we have been doing so, at great personal cost, for a very long time. This is why the numbers are finally coming down. The real atrocity is that for 25 years this archdiocese has devoted more time, money, and resources to fight casinos and promote the NCW than it has done to save babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why would married women want an abortion? Why is the rate so high among Chamorro women? This makes me so sad that we are killing our progeny. I am having fertility issues and would gladly give anything to keep these babies alive. Give them to me please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just getting back tonight. Tim, I did not mean any offence about the abortion issue...just thought what a waste we HAVE TO attend to this Jungle stuff while abortion is still going on. Sorry, still not clear. But no hard feelings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, the two are connected. And both have the same remedy.

      Delete

Recommendations by JungleWatch