I cannot tell you what was discussed at my meeting with the Vatican Visitors without compromising their course of action. But I can tell you that there will be a course of action. Frenchie pretty much outlines it in the following comment:
- weak pastors who failed to catechize well and who had already long permitted the liturgical abuses which the NCW just took to the next level;
- weak Catholics who couldn't be bothered to take it upon themselves to buy a Catechism of the Catholic Church and study it, or to teach their own children;
- and essentially a weak faith that had already prompted a mass exodus from the Catholic Faith long before the NCW was ever a problem.
- If you are divorced, invite other divorced people to join you to pray, share and study.
- If you are widowed, then invite other widowed to join you to pray, share and study.
- If you are struggling in marriage then start your own group to help others who are in the same situation.
- Get a copy of the Catechism and invite others to a weekly meeting where you can read it through paragraph by paragraph and pray, study, and share.