Friday, March 20, 2015

JERKED AROUND

So the notice about the "day of recollection" went out on March 12. Why was it that only today, the day the Sacrament of Reconciliation was to take place, were the parents notified that it was cancelled?



Here is one parent's response to being jerked around the continued fiasco that is this archdiocese:




  1. SACS 2nd grade parentMarch 20, 2015 at 12:00 PM
    Needless to say, the cancellation of the Reconciliation was very disappointing for my husband and me as well as several other parents I've talked to today. We planned for today weeks ago. Schedules were arranged, leave was taken, family was invited. Some parents won't be able to make it next week due to the last minute change. It's really a shame.

    We were told by SACS staff as we were dropping off our child this morning that the Reconciliation was postponed because "the Archbishop called an emergency meeting with all the priests". Apparently this is not the case? If this clergy day of recollection was supposed to be over a week from now, when was it rescheduled to today? Was this a last minute thing that Msgr. Bibi didn't have knowledge of? And if it is not mandatory and parish needs should take priority, who decided to cancel the Reconciliation? Is it because SACS is not technically part of the St. Anthony/St. Victor parish?

    Above all, I really feel for my child. My child spent time preparing for this and working through her anxiety. It's a big deal for a seven year old to do a full examination of conscience and to have her sins on her mind! She awoke this morning ready and excited to receive the sacrament of Reconciliation and be granted absolution for her sins. I know she examines her conscience every night before bed and asks God for forgiveness, but I can't help but feel for her holding the burden of the sins she has running through her conscience until she has the opportunity to confess.

    I want answers, but I also pray for my heart to remain open. God's plan is not my plan and I pray for the courage to surrender to His will.

8 comments:

  1. Either this notice was created nunc pro tunc (now for then), which would make it a LIE or the Vicar General was too sick (as he apparently is most times) to ensure it got delivered. In either case, EPIC FAIL on the part of the Archdiocese, Chancery Office. Liar-liar-pants-on-fire! Lord, help us. Most especially, help the parents and all involved in this matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Lou Garcia-PeredaMarch 20, 2015 at 6:39 PM

      Anonymous (March 20, 2015 at 12:49 PM), your response to this incident is understandable, given the actions of AAA and others at the Chancery since 16 July 2013. It's hard to believe, but I actually have to defend the Chancery and inform you that BOTH of your scenarios are absolutely wrong.

      I called SASVCC to try and determine when the memorandum was received and was advised it would be best for me to speak directly to the pastor, Msgr. Arroyo. He wasn't available when I called at 2:15PM; I was told my call would be returned. Four hours later, I still have not received a call back.

      In the meantime I manage to ascertain that the memorandum was indeed written AND DELIVERED to the recipients last week on 13 March! So — SURPRISE!!! — this time the EPIC FAIL was not the fault of anybody at the Chancery Office.

      As a matter of fact, since the email was received last week there was adequate time to inform SACS Administration and the parents of the conflict in the schedules of the Day of Recollection for Priests and Deacons and the First Reconciliation for the Second Grade Students. The decision to reschedule the First Reconciliation could have been made and communicated to parents via the students' agendas when they returned to school on Tuesday after the passage of TS Bavi.

      In light of how the Day of Reconciliation was communicated to parents as an "emergency meeting" that had been called by the Archbishop, it is clear that the EPIC FAIL was NOT the fault of the Chancery or Archdiocese but that the "Liar-liar-pants-on-fire!" taunt should be directed at Msgr. Brigido Arroyo, pastor of SASVCC.

      Sadly, there may be parents who will not be able to rearrange their schedules to be present at this important time in their children's lives because of Msgr. Arroyo's decision to place his desire to attend the Day of Recollection over the importance of administering First Reconciliation to the SACS children.

      Delete
    2. So to cover up his lapse in memory, Msgr. Bibi passes blame.

      Thanks for being so thorough Mary-Lou.

      Delete
    3. You know we have become so unforgiving. This is what AAA had done to this Archdiocese. The time he mistreated Fr. Paul when forgiveness was the order of the day, he led us to the path of unforgiveness. Normally, in this situation (Who doesn't have lapse of memory? We all do and we are ready to understand) we will be tolerant and forgiving and not blame anybody for anything. AAA this is what you brought us to. As Tim had pointed out numerous times, he (we) didn't care what the Neo were doing before the mistreatment of Fr. Paul. God had used the mistreatment of Fr. Paul to open our eyes and hearts to care so much about our Church since He didn't want where it was being led to.

      Delete
    4. Mary Lou Garcia-PeredaMarch 21, 2015 at 1:43 PM

      Anonymous (March 21, 2015 at 9:50 AM), it's not so much the "lapse of memory" that is the issue but rather the LIE"the Archbishop called an emergency meeting with all the priests" — which was used to cover the "lapse of memory" that most of us take exception to.

      As indicated in my original comment — and as many know from my previous posts — it is quite unusual for me to defend the Chancery but I could not stand by silently and allow Msgr. Arroyo's LIE to be blamed on the Archbishop and the Chancery. Instead of admitting that he had made a mistake and had failed to inform SACS administration in a timely manner of the conflict in schedules so that the parents could have been given enough time to rearrange their schedules for another day — or better yet, allowing the First Reconciliation to continue without him since, as another commenter indicated in another post "there were sufficient priests available for the reconciliation service" — Msgr. Arroyo used a LIE to cover his mistake.

      All Msgr. Arroyo has to do is ADMIT his LIE, ask for forgiveness and I'm sure that all will be forgiven.

      BTW: It has been over 11 hours since I made my call to the SASVCC Office and I still have not received the call back as promised yesterday. Maybe I'll start my own Count Up. LOL.

      Delete
  2. Typical Chancery knee-jerk reaction. Chancery doesn't know how to handle the media frenzy, the response to the SACS parent reaction, the PDN, YAHOO NEWS, etc. They REALLY need a Public Relations and Media Professional Consultant to properly handle their out of whack approach to DAMAGE CONTROL.

    So caught up with the "Luis Camacho" scandal that it now places a burden on the Parishes and their schools. Poor plan, poor execution, poor AAA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to be a fly on the wall at RMS today for the day of recollection. I wonder how many presbyters told fr luis he had done nothing wrong? God loves him just the way he is! sickening thought, how many of those poorly formed priests from rms harbor deep sexual dysfunctions that could come out at any time? our childrem are at great risk until rome steps in to clean up the entire yona commune called rms. parents, if you see a presbyter coming you have better find out where your kids are and get them away from these men of the kiko-cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evil is winning... Our poor parishioners souls are suffering too... ITS TIME TO STEP DOWN...

    ReplyDelete

Recommendations by JungleWatch