- Has been a proud and public advocate for abortion for over three decades.
- Recently testified AGAINST legislation that would mandate normal medical care for a child who survives a failed abortion in favor of leaving the child to die.
- Spoke out publicly AGAINST the passage of Bill 52-31, which mandated that pregnant women, seeking an abortion, be given information on the risks and alternatives to abortion.
- Was the first president of People for Choice, Guam's first pro-abortion organization. (See Asian/Pacific Islander American Women: A Historical Anthology.)
- Famously opposed Guam's 1990 anti-abortion law, Public Law 20-134, and supported the cause to have it struck down.
Therese Obispo, Bank of Guam senior vice president of human resources, testified on behalf of the bank, which supports the bill.