- Reinstate Fr. Paul Gofigan as pastor of Santa Barbara Parish.
- Publicly apologize to the people of Santa Barbara parish for removing their pastor in violation of canonical procedures.
- Publicly apologize for locking him out of his office.
- Publicly apologize for stripping him from the schedule of presiders without just cause.
- Publicly apologize for threatening him with an "arduous and painful closure to his assignment.
- Publicly apologize for inferring that he was in an inappropriate personal relationship with Mr. Joseph Lastimoza.
- Publicly apologize for alleging that the had built a stairway to his room at the rectory to facilitate late night rendezvous with Mr. Lastimoza.
- Reinstate Msgr. James Benavente as rector of the Cathedral-Basilica.
- Publicly apologize to Msgr. James Benavente for publicly maligning him.
- Publicly apologize to Msgr. James Benavente for never giving him a copy of the allegations against him or giving him the opportunity to defend himself.
- Publicly apologize to the family of Msgr. James Benavente for the grief and hardship they suffered because of his being publicly maligned.
- Publicly apologize to the Cathedral-Basilica parishioners for the grief they were made to suffer as their parish was torn apart with public accusations of financial mismanagement.
- Publicly retract all allegations of financial mismanagement against Msgr. James Benavente
- Offer to restore Msgr. James Benavente to his former position as Director of Catholic Cemeteries. (He may not want it.)
- Offer to restore the Archdiocesan Development Group and reinstate Msgr. James Benavente as its director. (He may not want it.)
- Publicly clarify the position of Msgr. James Benavente as to whether he is only the rector of the Cathedral-Basilica or if he is in fact the pastor of the Cathedral-Basilica parish.
- Publicly apologize to Richard Untalan, Joseph Rivera, Msgr. James Benavente, and Sr. Stephen Torres RSM for dismissing them from the Archdiocesan Finance Council because they would not authorize the conveyance of the title to the former Accion Hotel property to the Redemptoris Mater Seminary.
- Personally apologize in writing to Richard Untalan for accusing him of "nonsense".
- Order Msgr. David C. Quitugua, the Vicar General, to personally apologize in writing to Richard Untalan for accusing him of a "vulnus" against you.
- Publicly apologize to the people of the Archdiocese of Agana for removing the former Accion Hotel property from the patrimony of the Archdiocese of Agana without their knowledge.
- Rescind the Deed Restriction which removed the former Accion Hotel property from the patrimony of the Archdiocese of Agana.
- Publish the current letter of affiliation between the Redemptoris Mater Seminary and the Lateran University.
- Publish a list of the current stable and permanent professors at the Blessed Diego Institute/Redemptoris Mater Seminary, their positions, their credentials, the courses they teach, and their village of residence.
- Publish the academic handbook for the Blessed Diego Institute.
- Publish complete annual financial statements for the Blessed Diego Institute and the Redemptoris Mater Seminary.
- Publicly apologize to the people of the Archdiocese of Agana who for many years contributed to the Redemptoris Mater Seminary under the guise that it offered an authentic and traditional formation for the diocesan priesthood.
- Authorize, permit, and sponsor those men who desire to study for the priesthood in the Archdiocese of Agana to attend the regional seminary in Fiji or any of the accredited regional seminaries in the states.
- Order Fr. Adrian Cristobal to personally apologize in writing to Aaron Quitugua and his family for the grief he has caused them and for not telling him the truth about the real reason Aaron was not permitted to attend the seminary of his choosing.
- Personally offer to sponsor Aaron Quitugua to study for the priesthood for the Archdiocese of Agana at the seminary of his choosing.
- Publish complete annual financial statements for the Archdiocese of Agana.
- Amend the Archdiocesan Sex Abuse Policy to address the issues of conflict of interest (particularly when the archbishop is named as a perpetrator).
- Apologize to the people of the Archdiocese of Agana for incardinating Fr. John Wadeson and subjecting us to a "probable threat", a threat you were evidently aware of since you released him from ministry as soon as his record became public.
- Remove yourself from your Neocatechumenal Way community. As bishop, the Neocatechumenal Way is supposed to be subject to you. It cannot be subject to you if you are amongst its membership.
Friday, April 10, 2015
WHAT HEALING LOOKS LIKE
Your people do talk. So we understand that Rome is going to give you a chance to fix things. Good. We thought we'd help. We don't want any more "I'm sorry if I offended anybody". The fact is, you did much more than "offend", you broke stuff, you broke people, you trampled on lives, helpless ones. So please, no more "reaching out" sermons written by Larry. We don't want you to reach out. Here's what we want. Here's what healing looks like:
P.S. I'm not going to ask you to apologize to me for going to the Grand Master of the Knights of the Holy Sepulcher of Jerusalem and attempting to get me kicked out of the order, since I consider such an effort on your part an honor.
P.P.S. You might want to check back and read the comments. I'm sure there will be other recommendations for what REAL healing looks like.