Their allegations are even more tragic in view of the fact that Mother Dawn and her Carmelite nuns have been suffering for years because of Archbishop Apuron. Here's why.
The 2 million dollar gift to purchase the Yona property did not fall from heaven. Mother Dawn, because she is devoted to our Catholic Church, spearheaded the effort to find a donor through her order and specifically through her fellow Carmelites in St. Louis, Missouri.
Through the Carmelites in St. Louis, Mother Dawn was able to identify a donor, a private person, who agreed to give the money on two conditions:
- That the gift be used to purchase a defunct hotel property for the "purpose of a seminary"
- That the identity of the donor NOT be made known
Archbishop Apuron immediately proceeded to violate both of those conditions:
- "A seminary" for the Archdiocese of Agana was NOT established.
- He identified the donor.
Because of this, many believe that the money came from our own Carmelites with two consequences:
- Mother Dawn and her Carmelites have been labeled as neo-sympathizers and supporters (whether they are or not I don't know, and they probably - given their vocation - don't give a hoot either way).
- Since people believed that the Carmelites had 2 million dollars to give to the Neo's, they figured that the Carmelites didn't need any more financial support and they're ability to take care of themselves, especially since many are aging, has suffered.
Thank you, once again, Archbishop Apuron.
But how evil now that the one person most responsible for facilitating the purchase of the Yona property, even though it was eventually used for something entirely different than what was intended, is no impugned and maligned by the vicious Kiko's for something Chuck White thought up himself.
You people continue to lower yourself daily in the eyes of the whole island. Quit while you're ahead. Get out of that thing.