"Following my request for your resignation as pastor of Santa Barbara Church in Dededo on August 20, 2013 (Prot. No. 013-057), this is to inform you that I am proceeding with the removal process observing the canonical norms."
- Archbishop Apuron illegally replaced Fr. Paul as pastor of Santa Barbara by appointing a parochial administrator without proceeding according to canonical norms.
- Fr. Paul challenged his removal.
- Archbishop Apuron admitted to the illegal removal by beginning the canonical process for removal two months later.
- No "verdict" is required because this is not the matter that is going to court. It is not going to court because the Archbishop is not challenging the accusation that he illegally replaced Fr. Paul. He admitted to it by beginning the canonical process of removal on September 10.
- What IS going to court is the grounds for his removal. Whether the Archbishop had sufficient grounds to remove Fr. Paul is the verdict which will be decided upon by the Congregation for the Clergy.