Obviously the "preacher man" is trying to whip up a frenzy by comparing our opposition to what is happening in Iraq and Syria. That is truly pathetic and a grave abuse of both pulpit and people. Real persecution is occurring in the Middle East.
- Guam has the most liberal abortion laws in the nation which allow for the termination of nearly one out of ten pregnancies with more than 60% being Chamorro. (2013 Guam Medical Records)
- Guam has the highest divorce rate in the world (4.7 divorces per 1000 population, 2010 Guam Statistical Yearbook vs Russia 4.5 per 1000, 2011 United Nations Demographic Yearbook)
- Guam has the 14th highest suicide rate in the world and a rate 1.2 times the national average. (2011 World Health Organization and A Profile of Suicide on Guam, September 2011)
- Guam has a 20% higher out of wedlock birth rate (60%) compared to the rest of the nation. (40.8%, CDC 2010) Note: Guam stopped reporting “illegitimate” births in 2005. 60% is based on the average between 2000 and 2005)
- Guam has double the teen birthrate compared to the rest of the nation. (Guam PDN, Editorial, 6/25/13)
- Guam’s rape rate is 94.4 per 100,000 (2011 Yearbook: 151 reported rapes). This is nearly triple the national average of 29.8. (U.S. Census Bureau, Statistical Abstract of the United States: 2013, Table 314)
- AND WORST OF ALL: Guam abuses and neglects its children at nearly double the national average . (Guam child maltreatment rate of 76.81 per 1000 children based on 2012 CPS report and 2010 census vs 41.2 per 1000 children national average as per Table 3-2, Child Maltreatment 2011, Children’s Bureau, U.S. DPHHS)