Zoltan December 29, 2014 at 2:18 PM
Let's have a look at the objectives of Concerned Catholics about the Neocatechumenal Way:
"Review the practices of the NeoCatechumenal Way to determine if they are in compliance with their statutes and the precepts of the Roman Catholic Church."
This single objective reveals ill will rather than good will at the bottom of the intention of Concerned Catholics. This group has never been assigned or trusted with the task of determination that solely belongs to official Church bodies. Therefore this objective of Concerned Catholics is an obvious attempt to usurp the authority of the Catholic Church.
Also, this objective is an interference with the faith life of members of the Neocatechumenal Way and thus is considered unfriendly. If Concerned Catholics truly want to have a dialogue with the Way, then they'd do better to distance themselves from the savage attitude of the JungleWatch blog and refrain from interfering with the Way's faith life.
But this is not the case. By inserting themselves into the parish Mass, as they did this last Sunday in several parishes, they have:
- publicly violated the liturgical norms that were put in place to protect worshipping congregations from the whims of pastors;
- violated our rights to worship as required and prescribed by the Church;
- violated our sensibilities and our consciences with personal histories most of which should be confined to the confessional;
- violated our families by exposing our children to their personal PG-13, if not R-rated garbage; and most egregiously,
- violated the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass - the source and summit of our faith.
"I am the father of eleven children and I am trying to get their souls into heaven. And I am having to fight against my own bishop to do it."