Tuesday, June 12, 2018

FR. ADRIAN "THE FUGITIVE" CRISTOBAL: THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Posted by Bob
Image result for the final countdown




Image result for adrian cristobal guam
Image result for TONY DIAZ GUAM










Image result for June 15
Today's PDN:
Accused priest has until Friday to return to Guam - KUAM.com-KUAM News: On Air. Online. On Demand.



PACIFIC DAILY NEWS for  MAY 23

Priest accused of sex abuse ordered to return by June 15
The Archdiocese of Agana instructed Father Adrian Cristobal, who has been accused of sexually abusing three boys, to return to Guam by June 15 or sanctions would be imposed on him.
The sanctions would be in addition to precautionary measures imposed on Cristobal when the first allegation was filed on April 10, such as temporarily banning the priest from celebrating Mass publicly or hearing confession while investigations are ongoing.
Cristobal is believed to be in the vicinity of New York, after leaving the Diocese of Phoenix in Arizona in April. 
Tony Diaz, director of communications for the archdiocese, on Friday said the archdiocese has repeatedly communicated to Cristobal, via e-mail, that he is to return to Guam immediately.
"He has not complied," Diaz said in a statement. "In the most recent communication to Father Adrian this week, the archdiocese has told the priest, he must return to Guam by June 15. Sanctions would be imposed on him should he not comply or produce a valid reason why he cannot return."
The archdiocese acknowledges the third and latest allegation of sexual abuse naming Cristobal, a former chancellor for the archdiocese.
Like the second allegation, the third case is added to the investigation and review process, Diaz said.
The third lawsuit was filed by a person identified in court documents only as J.E. to protect his privacy. The lawsuit says the priest sexually abused J.E. during the mid- to late-1990s, while J.E. was an altar boy at San Vicente Catholic Church in Barrigada. Two other individuals filed separate lawsuits in April and earlier in May, claiming Cristobal sexually abused them.
Archbishop Michael Jude Byrnes extends prayers on behalf of the archdiocese to J.E. and his family, as well as all who have come forward recently and in the past with such allegations.
There have been 170 Guam clergy sex abuse lawsuits filed in local and federal courts since 2016 against the Archdiocese of Agana, priests, other clergy and others associated with the Catholic Church.
Reporter Haidee Eugenio covers Guam's Catholic church issues, education, government, business and more. Follow her on Twitter @haidee_eugenio. Follow Pacific Daily News on Facebook/GuamPDN and Instagram @guampdn. 


3 comments:

  1. Thank you Janet and Bob for a very astute analysis of the damage caused by Cristobal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top 5 Reason Fr. Adrian Has Not Returned to Guam

    1. His passport expired.

    2. He is waiting to win the lottery.

    3. He is serving as spiritual advisor to Harvey Weinstein.

    4. He doesn't want to fly over Kilauea volcano.

    5. He is helping O J Simpson find the real killer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dog ate his boarding pass.

      Delete

Recommendations by JungleWatch